Happy Friday and Mother's Day Weekend!
We are so excited to bring you this new delicious muffin recipe with our Superfood Seed Flour! This muffin happens to be a FAVORITE for everyone in our family, including my mother-in-love! Every time we bake a batch, they are gone right away, because they're so delicious! Light, filling, fresh and buttery. We're making a batch - or two - for this weekend!
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tbs unrefined, coconut oil
4 large cage-free eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups Guiltless Superfood Seed Flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tbs ground cinnamon
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup chopped pecans
*additional coconut sugar, shredded carrots and pecans for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a regular 12 inch muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut sugar, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Beat for another few minutes until thick and fully combined. Fold in carrots. Fold in pecans.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill muffin tins about 3/4 way full. *Sprinkle coconut sugar, shredded carrots and chopped pecans on top each cup of muffin batter to garnish, optional.
- Bake for about 23-25 minutes. Pecans will get toasted and tops of muffins will brown. Inside of muffins will be moist. Remove and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.