Guiltless Grain-Free Dark Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
I love vegetables! A little bit of a rabbit, I love to chomp on lots of greens, and brightly colored veggies from the earth! So when I get to mix my beloved veggies with my even more beloved Guiltless 7 Seed Flour, AND chocolate, I am one happy rabbit! ;) And these Flax & Chia Seed Dark Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are all that I anticipated and more! They're moist and fluffy, filling yet light, chocolatey and delicious. I know you'll love them!
I found a paleo double chocolate chip zucchini muffin recipe online that I really liked, and wouldn't change any of the ingredients, except to using our flour of course :) and adding some additional seeds on top! So I starting playing with it just subbing in Guiltless Flour and changing a few quantities on a couple other ingredients, but that was it, really! (And I also adjusted the cooking temp and time.) It was so simple to use our flour in place of another.
Thank you so much to Anna at Sunny Side Ups for your great recipe that I was able to substitute in our Guiltess Flour in place of the coconut flour you used (I did use more of our seed flour than she used coconut flour in her recipe). I look forward to trying many more of your recipes soon!!
*I sprinkled a few extra chocolate chips on top of the first batch before putting them in the oven. And then went back and did a second batch and added ground flax and chia seeds along with the chocolate chips to the topping of the muffins before baking. I really liked the seeds on top! Reminds you of all of the healthy seeds that are going on, on the inside, too!
These are really, really good hot out of the oven, but I loved them even more the next day just pulled out of the fridge with a glass of cold almond milk. YUM!! Awesome breakfast!!
Makes 10 muffins
1 1/2 cups Guiltless 7 Seed Flour (available here: Guiltless Superfoods Flour)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 large organic eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium), put between layers of paper towels and squeezed well of excess moisture, drained
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (and extra for topping)
ground flax & chia seeds for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, add Guiltless flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and whisk until combined. Add in zucchini and whisk together.
4. Pour dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, and whisk until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Spoon batter into each of the 10 muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Fill the empty muffin cups half full with water to prevent any pan warping or burning.
6. Bake muffins for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove them to cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Store muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
ENJOY without any guilt!