Merry Christmas, guys! We're officially 20 days away till the big day! This time of year is our absolute FAVORITE. The gift and joy of the season is enough on it's own. But then we also get the gathering of loved ones, the sparkle of Christmas in childrens' eyes, the thoughtfulness of giving, and the memories made in the kitchen and around the table.
This Christmas, it's our wish that you feel at home with Guiltless. That you will let stress, anxiety or feelings of being overwhelmed leave you, and that you will feel welcomed into our lives, our home and kitchen.
We hope our recipes will be simple enough for you to ENJOY making them! And also so yummy and delicious that you can't wait to give and serve them to your favorite people! We love to fill holiday tins with goodies made from Guiltless recipes like this one! We give them to friends and family as gifts, and they always LOVE them!
You can also make these brownies into Guiltless Peppermint Brownie Bites by putting the batter into mini-muffin pans or donut hole pans! Sprinkle each cavity of batter with the peppermint pieces and each one will look so cute and festive! (photo down below)
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (measured in solid state)
8 oz Dark Chocolate (your preferred %) chopped or chips
3/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Peppermint Extract
1 cup Guiltless 7 Seed Flour
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Peppermint Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch (or 9x9 inch) square pan with non-stick cooking spray. (Lining pan with parchment paper helps brownies to come easily, too, but not necessary.)
2. In a small sauce pan on low heat, place coconut oil and 8 oz of dark chocolate. Melt together, stirring frequently.
3. Once chocolate is melted, pour into a large bowl to cool slightly. Whisk in coconut sugar.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each one. Whisk in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
5. Add Guiltless 7 Seed Flour and Sea Salt, and whisk until well combined.
7. Transfer brownie batter to prepared baking dish, and spread evenly. Top with peppermint pieces.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached.
9. Cool completely (at least 10 minutes) on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
10. Cut into 9 squares for larger brownies or 16 squares for smaller brownies.
Same recipe made in a donut hole pan for Guiltless Peppermint Brownie Bites!