This photo was posted to Facebook by a dear customer, Cari, who baked her own Guiltless Sandwich Bread! Turned out perfectly!
Guiltless Gluten/Grain and Yeast-Free Sandwich Bread Recipe
At the end of 2016, we sat down and evaluated our business. Like any business, you look at end of year sales, top producing products, and areas where you can improve!
As you can imagine or may have experienced yourself, when you have a variety of products like we do, you have to sit down with the data, look at the numbers and see what your customers really want and what they are buying the most of.
It was after sitting down with these numbers, that we saw that one area that wasn't doing so well for us was our Sandwich Bread. It was a tough decision for us, because we loved it! :) We lived off this stuff! And so did many of you! So it was a really hard decision.
Unfortunately, it was a little tough to produce on a large scale, too, and we came across several production issues when trying to make hundreds of loaves at a time.
Maybe one day, we will do it again, but for now, as we grow, we have to focus on the products that we can make effectively and efficiently, and the ones that our customers are beating down our doors for!
SO, since we are no longer making the sandwich bread, we wanted to give you the recipe, so you can make it at home! And hey, there is something so rewarding about baking your own fresh, healthy, nutrient-dense, grain/gluten and yeast-free bread!
2 Tablespoons organic Coconut Oil
1 1/2 Cup Organic Egg Whites
2 teaspoons Rumsford Baking Powder (this is the brand we use for baking at home. Works great with Guiltless 7 Seed Flour)
1/4 tea sea salt
1. Add room temperature coconut oil into mixer.
2 . Add room temperature egg whites and mix thoroughly for another minute.
3. Add Rumsford (aluminum free) baking powder to the egg whites and mix for 10 seconds.
4. Add Organic Guiltless Superfoods 7 Seed Flour and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix completely for 30 seconds.
5. Make sure there are no clumps with your hands.
6. Lightly coat bread pans with non stick spray and add the entire batch of dough into medium size bread pan.
7. Score each loaf 1” deep (dip a sharp knife from one end to the other to allow the gas a chance to escape and make the bread rise) directly in the middle of the loaf from one end of the pan to the other. Place bread immediately into oven (no proofing necessary).
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Take temperature from each level of bread and DO NOT PULL BREAD UNTIL IT reaches 185 degrees.
10.) Pull bread from oven and set timer for bread to cool for 15 minutes in the baking pans. Pull bread from baking pans and allow bread to cool on wire rack for an additional 2-3 hours in bread pans.
11. Slice bread into (13) or so 1/4” slices and enjoy.
12. Bread will look like this when cooled and sliced
Lindsey & Daniel