If you've been with us for long, you know that brownies are the way to my heart! My first childhood love affair ;) was with my aunt's chocolate chip brownies. She brought them to every school birthday party, baked them for me on holidays, and we even had them served at the reception of our wedding!
So when thinking about a new Guiltless Valentine's Day post, what else would come to mind other than brownies, loaded and topped with goodness!
We took our one-of-a-kind Guiltless brownie batter, and poured it into 8 large cupcake liners. If you wanted to do 9 cupcakes, just fill each one a little less. Before going into the oven, I chopped up dark chocolate chunks, sprinkled the tops of the cupcakes and then sprinkled with pecans. Once out of the oven and cooled, we added sliced strawberries and some melted chocolate drizzle. (Just put some of the melted chocolate from your brownie batter aside and use it at the end for your final drizzle!) Couldn't be more simple, delicious or beautiful for you and your loved ones this Valentine's Day!
Yields 8 large cupcakes
1/2 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil (measured in solid state)
8 oz (approx 1 1/2 cups) Dark Chocolate chopped or chips (your preferred %)
3/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Guiltless 7 Seed Flour
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin or cupcake pan with 8 non-stick cupcake liners.
2. In a small sauce pan on low heat, place coconut oil and 8 oz of dark chocolate. Melt together, stirring frequently.
3. Once chocolate is melted, pour into a large bowl to cool slightly. **Put 1/4 cup of melted chocolate and coconut oil aside to use later for topping.*
4. Whisk in coconut sugar to large bowl.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each one. Whisk in vanilla.
6. Add Guiltless Seed Flour and Sea Salt, and whisk until well combined.
7. Using an ice cream scooper, transfer brownie batter to prepared baking cups. Top with chocolate chunks/chips and pecans.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, on center rack, or until desired doneness. Check centers with toothpick. (20 minutes leaves them a little ooey gooey in center)
9. Cool completely (at least 10 minutes) on a wire rack.
10. Top cupcakes with sliced strawberries. Drizzle melted chocolate sauce over brownies.
10. Refrigerate for 1.5 hours or until sauce hardens.
11. Enjoy! (Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days)
*If you'd like to use dairy-free chocolate chips, Enjoy Life can be found online and in most grocery stores in the baking aisle!