There are some days when you just need cake for breakfast! And since a frosted cake for breakfast might be reserved only for birthdays ;), we found a way to give you cake that is totally acceptable for all the days when you want cake and it's not the day you were born! We present, Guiltless Blueberry Pecan Crumb Cake! Because when it's made with chia, flax, hemp, pumpkin, sunflower, poppy, sesame seeds, coconut oil, pecans, eggs and cinnamon, there is no guilt involved!
This crumb cake has a moist, gooey, dense center, nice crisp crust on the outside, and a slightly sweet, rich, and buttery crumble topping. The blueberries are fresh, sweet and light. We made several versions of this cake before landing on the final product, so needless to say, we ran out of fresh blueberries by around cake 2 or 3. We then started using frozen blueberries, and they did awesome, too. So fresh or frozen will do well! You might just need to cook a few minutes longer with frozen blueberries.
Happy Easter everyone!!
1/4 cup coconut oil, room temp (not melted)
1 cup coconut sugar (or to your liking)
2 eggs, room temp
1/4 almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups Guiltless Seed Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 coconut oil, room temp (not melted)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp Guiltless Seed Flour
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 8x8 aluminum baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- I use a stand mixer for this recipe. In your mixing bowl, add your coconut oil and whip for a minute. Add in sugar and whip together for another minute. Crack in eggs and mix. Add in milk and vanilla. Mix again.
- In another bowl add your dry ingredients: Guiltless flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Put mixer on medium-high speed and mix for 3-5 minutes until combined and smooth.
- In your prepared baking pan, place the cake batter in pan. Smooth out to all corners and even on top.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a bowl: chopped pecans, coconut oil, coconut sugar, cinnamon, flour. Mix well with a fork.
- Evenly spoon streusel on top of cake.
- Top with blueberries spread out on top of streusel.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes. And enjoy!!