We are gearing up for two big back-to-back weekends! Today we're setting up our booth at the 5th Annual Austin Fit Magazine's FITTEST competition. We're thrilled to meet so many of the local awesome Austin athletes, and of course, get them hooked on our high-protein, low-carb, low-glycemic, nutrient-dense, superfoods that help maintain and lose weight, build muscle and provide long-lasting energy! Talk about perfect food for athletes! If you're in Austin, come out to Camp Mabry tomorrow from 8a-1pm, spectators are free and welcome!
(Photo courtesy of Austin Fit Magazine)
Now onto your weekend appetizer recipe! We love this crispy asparagus recipe, because giving our family healthy alternatives to traditional foods that usually rank a zero on the nutritional benefits chart gives the kids the satisfaction of eating new and fun foods, and gives mom and dad the satisfaction of seeing them enjoying veggies and consume endless amounts vitamins and nutrients. Instead of white potato fries, we make these Crispy Baked Asparagus as something to crunch on. They can be a delicious, crispy, healthy snack, appetizer or side dish!
1 1/2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
1 cup Guiltless Superfoods Seed Flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Guiltless Bread Crumbs (2 slices of Toasted Guiltless Sandwiches Bread)
1 cup grated parmiagiano reggiano (parmesan)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take two slices of Toasted Guiltless Sandwich Bread and put them in a food processor or blender to make bread crumbs.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- Dip the asparagus in the egg, then dredge in Guiltless Superfoods Seed Flour in a separate dish, then into the mixture of bread crumbs, parmesan, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a third dish.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, place the asparagus in a single layer on the pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top asparagus, serve immediately and enjoy!